Lord”s Prayer

Discussion about Today's Daily Devotion. Remarks in this forum will post onto the Daily Devotion.

Lord”s Prayer

Post by Guest »

A few years ago it occurred to me that I was dong exactly what Mason described in the Inspiration. I was racing through the Lord’s Prayer and not thinking at all about what I was praying. (I have noticed that happens in church a lot, too.)
So I started slowing down as suggested.
That still wasn’t enough. So I rephrased, in my own words, the major thoughts of the prayer. I am certainly not Jesus, but I think God wants me to talk to Him in a thoughtful way.
Here it is:
Gracious, merciful and loving heavenly Father; You are completely Holy. Let me experience Your Kingdom today by doing Your will, Just as it’s done in Heaven.
Sustain our bodies with food and nourish our souls with your Spirit. Forgive me when I sin an fall into self-centered behavior. Help me to forgive those I develop resentments against.
Don’t let us be led into temptation, but deliver us from evil and ego, from anger and fear, from judgmentalism, resentment, and all forms of selfish emotional chaos.
Everything is yours Lord. You made the entire universe, from the smallest neutrino to the largest galaxy and the infinite beyond. You have all power and deserve all glory forever and ever. Amen!
Mikey

Re: Lord”s Prayer

Post by Mikey »

As well as it can be written,I read these precious words everyday as well as Psalm 23 and in so many ways have reflected many times on each word knowing its scriptures way of HOW we should Pray,Mason has included it for years as The very first words of Daily Devotion and rightfully so no better way to start anything,Thank You for sharing your devition and time for enhancing these oh so powerful ,guiding,and Blessed moments with them.
IamMeMa7

Re: Lord”s Prayer

Post by IamMeMa7 »

Amen! This a beautiful re-phrasing.