Today's Meditation

Discussion about Today's Daily Devotion. Remarks in this forum will post onto the Daily Devotion.
Tom Kraft

Today's Meditation

Post by Tom Kraft »

"Meditation
Trusting God that I am where I am meant to be."

I'm having an increasingly hard time with this concept. Due to some health issues, I've been consigned to a nursing home. I keep asking the Lord to take me home, but he leaves me in this place. He must have a reason for me to be here, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Just felt like speaking to this subject today. Thanks for listening.

Tom
admindp
Site Admin

Re: Today's Meditation

Post by admindp »

I'm sorry to hear you can't be at home, Tom.

I think most people hit this sort of situation in their life, eventually. Our pride and happiness suffer ever-increasing indignities until we pass on. My prayers for your comfort and knowledge in you of God's purpose for your life -- and mine! - Mason
WilliamM

Post by WilliamM »

You’re not forgotten, Tom. God knows exactly where you’re at and so do you fellow Daily Prayer readers. I’m praying for you to find peace and purpose. I see we share a phonetically similar last name! May I ask the region of the country where you now reside? Wm. Craft
Kylie h

Post by Kylie h »

Tom I am so sorry that you find yourself in a place you do not want to be and I know how you must long for home as we all do. I work with nursing homes although in Australia and I know of the intense loneliness felt by so many residents and the terrible boredom. I will be praying for you each day and maybe Though it’s not where you long to be you might be a great comfort and blessing to others there.
And you have your daily prayer community with you any time you need us.
God bless you in this hard time
Kylie
Jimmy Hagood

Post by Jimmy Hagood »

Tom, We are all searching for reasons why God allows suffering and pain in certain times of our lives. Here is a passage from Ray Stedman’s daily devotional posted today. It’s from the book of Job….. “If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both.”
Job 9:33
And his commentary concludes: Psalm 119:71 says, “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.” You can learn theology from a book, and you can study it and get it clear in your mind, but until you go through the hurts and difficulties and trials of life, you never really understand what the truth is. It takes suffering to get a clear vision of what God is saying to us, and that is what the book of Job is all about.

Lord, I am so grateful that You sent Your Son as a mediator. Thank You that He understands us both and brings us together through His own sacrifice on the cross.

https://www.raystedman.org/daily-devotions
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

God bless you Tom.
LynnJeff

Post by LynnJeff »

Tom- I understand where you're coming from. I have always been active and, like you, health issues caused me to not be able to walk for 4 months. Was God telling me my body needed to rest? I used every opportunity I had to witness to doctors, nurses, people in the waiting rooms, etc. about how God's love was giving me the strength to get through each day. Maybe He wants you to witness to those where you are! Praying you feel God's strong arms holding you close!