Moses’ Prophecies

Discussion about Today's Daily Devotion. Remarks in this forum will post onto the Daily Devotion.
WilliamM

Moses’ Prophecies

Post by WilliamM »

In the scriptures today, Jesus said: “ For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.” Does anyone know of which scriptures Christ is referencing? Perhaps a part of the Old Testament lost to us in modern times? I’m just not aware of any references to the Messiah spoken by Moses. Obviously, Christ wouldn’t lie, so I’m thinking it must’ve been recorded and available during his time on earth but lost to us.

William - USA
beekeeper

Re: Moses’ Prophecies

Post by beekeeper »

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kindred, and will put my words into the mouth of the prophet; the prophet shall tell them all that I command.

That was God speaking to Moses.
Just listened to a sermon on that passage. It is a Messianic verse and all who were listening to Christ when he said that about Moses would have known it. It was actually part of last Sundays lexicon and probably read in all those churches who follow the yearly lexicon which changes every year.
Bill T 1/30.
Rose USA

Post by Rose USA »

Good morning. In the book of Deuteronomy: 18 verse 15-20 Moses speaks of a prophet that will come after him. At first I did not think this would be Christ because I was thrown off by the word “prophet”. But the sermon at mass this past Sunday addressed this. Moses was speaking of Christ.
sinnedzurc

Post by sinnedzurc »

Moses is the author of the first five books of the Bible. He is also the author of Psalm 90. As you study the Old Testament you will see Jesus is prefigured and prophesied about in many instances.

See this link for a better explanation:

https://www.cjfm.org/blog/2018/06/11/did-moses-really-write-about-jesus-look-messianic-prophecy-torah/
Laureldc

Post by Laureldc »

The verse you are looking for is Deuteronomy 18:15
Cbethn@sbcglobal.net

Post by Cbethn@sbcglobal.net »

Moses prophesies about Christ in the Pentateuch. He is credited for writing these books as God directed him. Therefore, every reference to Messiah in these Old Testament books is a Mosaic prophecy.