Beekeeper code issue

General remarks or questions about the Daily Prayer website.
admindp
Site Admin

Beekeeper code issue

Post by admindp »

About three days ago I again was unable to read the daily inspiration but got only an icon where the message and images should be. Everything else, including the date was fine,
I tried the usual methods of clearing history and cache but the problem stayed.

This is the source code I have on the site for the initial setup. I looked for a link to the message in everything that followed, but it looked like housekeeping after this - style and the like. I searched for a link(FIND HTTPS) to a message but could not find it.

But I am not familiar with this language. I go back to Fortran and visual Basic with a smattering of machine language.The daily inspiration is the only page I have difficulty with on a fairly consistent basis.My concern is that I am probably not the only one and when most run into an issue like this they just give up and don't bother with it, so lose out on a lot. I appreciate you work on this site. I do understand the labor of love it is. But I also know the frustration and joy that comes with debugging issues with code you write.I will continue to see if it is on my end. I do have a lot of safeguards but they are mostly down for your site. Here is the script i see that seems to call for the message.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang='en'>
<head>
<meta charset='utf-8'>
<title>Daily Inspiration for March 14, 2024</title>
<!-- [if lt IE 9]>
<script src='http://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js></script>
<![endif]-->
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0"> <!-- defeat iphone simulator -->
<link rel='shortcut icon' type='image/x-icon' href='../images/favicon_inspiration.ico'>
<meta name='description' content='Christian inspirational message.'>
<meta name='verify-v1' content='UHeEKZJtBCR4W5599GE43rOdSeKj9mJNUxd4wOqWyTw='> <!-- Google sitemap verification -->
<meta name='norton-safeweb-site-verification' content='hi2zd6crq-ovl-zlrbqct66dllofwxnnor798t-csu4rl3qsyk2ckwfb2gyrs6bvd8yyro0hz4lzdp317kfyavznlzjal5a-3fb158u8ev-h5gcby7q9121o0lxz8cz0'>
<style type='text/css'>
/* Palette: light green #d1d99a main med. green #a1b97a
darker beige #efe7d0 lighter beige main #fafaf0
bluer green light #b2cdba dark #92ae9b darker #4f6857
*/
admindp
Site Admin

Re: Beekeeper code issue

Post by admindp »

I'm sorry, but I have no clue what the issue could be. Did you copy this code from some sort of browser "inspect" feature? This is a standard HTML header. No you're not going to find a link in there, lol, this is what your browser should be receiving and rendering.

I am actually quite surprised that you would get a placeholder for text. I mean that is weird beyond belief. For a graphic, a placeholder just indicates that the browser cannot find the graphics file but is reading the HTML that tells it to reserve a spot in the rendered page for a graphic of a certain size.

But text does not reserve space like a graphic does.

Anyway, if your browser is receiving the HTML code, as seems to be the case, I don't know why you would see a partial page.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Fixed- thank you,
What was the problem?
Now I am off to read it!
Bill T
admindp
Site Admin

Post by admindp »

I'm glad you're able to see it! This was some weird corruption of an HTML header from a local internet node -- I didn't fix it, lol. I have seen this happen in email messages I received but never on a webpage.