The Apocrypha

Discussion about Today's Daily Devotion. Remarks in this forum will post onto the Daily Devotion.
Tom K.

The Apocrypha

Post by Tom K. »

Mason,
I enjoyed today's taste of the Apocrypha from the Book of Wisdom. I have read a few of these books, including Tobit, Bel and the Dragon and I think Ecclesiasticus. They were great reads, Tobit, for some reason, being my favorite. Thanks for opening up a new source of "inspiration" for us.

Tom K.
4/14/24
admindp
Site Admin

Re: The Apocrypha

Post by admindp »

Tom K. wrote: Sunday Apr 14, 2024 Mason,
I enjoyed today's taste of the Apocrypha from the Book of Wisdom. I have read a few of these books, including Tobit, Bel and the Dragon and I think Ecclesiasticus. They were great reads, Tobit, for some reason, being my favorite. Thanks for opening up a new source of "inspiration" for us. Tom K. 4/14/24
The Tobit came from Daily Prayer I'm sure -- I spent a long time researching the original manuscripts and then translating and commentating it. I think we will do a reprise soon, actually, which I'm working on new studies for Joshua, Judges, and Ephesians.

We did some coverage of Ecclesiasticus once, also. Bel and the Dragon, I bet you got in Sunday school -- I remember it from when I was a kid, because it's such a great story!